- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Administrative, Licensing, and Regulatory Matters
- Animal Welfare Law
- Appellate Practice
- Debtor-Creditor and Lender Liability
- Employment Law
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder and Partnership Litigation
- Franchise and Dealership Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Obtained $405,000 jury verdict on behalf of a plaintiff who was terminated in bad faith pursuant to his employment agreement. Stone v. Midwest Air Group, Inc.
- First-chaired a jury trial successfully defending a party accused of misrepresentation, theft by fraud and other similar claims. Lal v. Lal
- Represented a wrongfully terminated state employee through an administrative hearing and appeal. In re Amy Hazen
- Obtained successful settlement for client who was defrauded by an investment scheme.
- Defended client being sued on a personal guaranty by a lender who had acted in bad faith.
- Successfully defended co-trustees of a large family trust against beneficiaries’ claims of breach of fiduciary duty.
- Successfully defended the rights of an intervening party in an open records request case.
- Represented animal welfare organization in large scale animal seizure case. Adams County Humane Society and County of Adams v. Jesse Kolb and Tina Kolb
Awards & Distinctions
- Selected, “Rising Star” by Wisconsin Super Lawyers® for 2011, 2012
- Co-Author: Enhancing Animal Welfare Laws, Wisconsin Lawyer, Vol. 84, No. 12 (December 2011)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Aaron is originally from Omaha, Nebraska. Despite growing up in Cornhusker country, he was raised to be a die-hard Iowa Hawkeye fan thanks to his Dad. He loves golf and playing with his dog, Cooper, and looks forward to many future trips to Pasadena to watch the Hawkeyes in the Rose Bowl.
- University of Iowa College of Law / J.D., 2007
- University of Iowa / B.B.A., with honors, 2004
- University of Iowa College of Law Moot Court Board Member, 2006-2007
- Student Judge for Moot Court Competitions, 2006-2007
- Van Oosterhout Memorial Moot Court Competition Quarter-finalist, 2005-2006
- Research Assistant to Professor Matsumoto, 2005-2007
- Research Assistant to Professor Nancy Hauserman, 2002-2004
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- B'nai Brith Youth Organization Advisor, 2008-present