Aaron H. Aizenberg
Stuart J. Check
Brian T. Fahl
Benjamin J. Glicksman
Stephen E. Kravit
Benjamin R. Prinsen
Leila Nadim Sahar
• Successfully defended criminal securities fraud prosecution and obtained dismissal of all charges against both defendants. State of Wisconsin v. David and Brian Eliason
• First-chaired a week-long arbitration proceeding and obtained a $675,000 award on behalf of a plaintiff who had a broker-dealer contract dispute with a bank. Simon et al. v. M&I Bank
• Obtained $405,000 jury verdict on behalf of a plaintiff who was terminated in bad faith pursuant to his employment agreement. Stone v. Midwest Air Group, Inc.
• First-chaired a jury trial successfully defending a party accused of misrepresentation, theft by fraud and other similar claims. Lal v. Lal
• Convinced district attorney that planned prosecution of securities fraud case should not proceed and got district attorney to agree that there was no probable cause to prosecute. State of Wisconsin v. G.D.
• Represented Creative Artists Agency, LLC and its agent in a fraud lawsuit filed by a pro se plaintiff. Obtained successful dismissal of the case. Sasson v. CAA et al.
• Won motion for summary judgment to dismiss federal employment discrimination claim. Grussgott v. MJDS
• Represented plaintiff in minority shareholder oppression lawsuit and obtained successful settlement. Shoemaker v. LRM Technologies, LLC et al.
• Represented receiver in seeking to recover millions of dollars in losses from an alleged securities fraud and obtained successful settlement. WDFI v. Wisconsin Funeral Trust
• Obtained successful settlement for client in large trust dispute. In re: Yakich
• Represented plaintiff in breach of fiduciary duty and breach of trust lawsuit and obtained successful settlement. In re: Johnson Trust
• Successfully negotiated settlement of dispute amongst LLC members where majority members had terminated minority member. In re: Victory Homes
• Obtained successful settlement for independent sales representative who was terminated and not paid what he was owed under his agreement with his former employer. Olsen v. LGO
• Obtained dismissal of employment discrimination claim filed by former employee. Grussgott v. MJDS
• Successfully negotiated settlement of dispute between business partners. Engler v. Engler
• Successfully defended breach of contract claim brought by municipality against client’s company. Community Development Authority of West Allis v. Told Development, Inc.
• Argued in front of Wisconsin Court of Appeals re: attorneys’ fees award from trial victory. Stone v. Midwest Airgroup, Inc.
• Successfully defended breach of contract claim involved in split up of business partners. Ihn Plumbing, Inc. et al. v. IHNKOH, LLC et al.
• Obtained successful settlement on behalf of client who was an independent sales representative and was not paid appropriate commissions. Roozen v. Fusion Renewables, LLC
• Represented a wrongfully terminated state employee through an administrative hearing and appeal. In re Amy Hazen
• Obtained successful settlement for client who was defrauded by an investment scheme. Reinen, et al. v. Associated, et al.
• Defended client being sued on a personal guaranty by a lender who had acted in bad faith.
• Successfully defended co-trustees of a large family trust against beneficiaries’ claims of breach of fiduciary duty. In re Fruchtman
• Successfully defended the rights of an intervening party in an open records request case. In re John Doe
• Represented animal welfare organization in large scale animal seizure case. Adams County Humane Society and County of Adams v. Jesse Kolb and Tina Kolb
• Selected, “Rising Star” by Wisconsin Super Lawyers® for 2011-2018
• Co-Author: FINRA Arbitration: Leveling the Playing Field for Investors, Wisconsin Lawyer, Vol. 90, No. 5 (May 2017)
• Co-Author: Enhancing Animal Welfare Laws, Wisconsin Lawyer, Vol. 84, No. 12 (December 2011)
• U.S. Supreme Court
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
• U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
• U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Aaron is originally from Omaha, Nebraska. Despite growing up in Cornhusker country, he was raised a die-hard Iowa Hawkeye fan, thanks to his Dad, and attended both college and law school there. He loves basketball and golf, and looks forward to many future trips to Pasadena to watch the Hawkeyes win the Rose Bowl. Aaron lives in Fox Point with his wife Carlie, their son Avi, and their dog Cooper.
• University of Iowa College of Law / J.D., 2007
• University of Iowa / B.B.A., with honors, 2004
• University of Iowa College of Law Moot Court Board Member and Judge for Student Competitions, 2006-2007
• Research Assistant to Professor Matsumoto, 2005-2007
• Research Assistant to Professor Nancy Hauserman, 2002-2004
• American Bar Association
• State Bar of Wisconsin
• Milwaukee Bar Association
• B'nai Brith Youth Organization - Volunteer Advisor, 2008-present
• Volunteer Facilitator for Milwaukee Justice Center Parenting Conference Program
• Volunteer Judge and Coach for student moot court competitions